RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday Million Tournament

I've longed wanted to play the Sunday Million Tourney over at Pokerstars. But my office schedule didn't really afford for any flexibility especially early on Monday mornings. Another factor was the steep buy in of $200+15. Both these things really prevented me from trying this big buy-in tourney.

Well, until today that is. Two things went my way. First, today happened to be a declared holiday which allowed me to play. 2nd, I managed to satellite my way to a ticket thru the SNG Steps qualifiers. I spent around $80 of my bankroll to get the $200+15 ticket.

I checked the time and it started at an ungodly 5:30AM. But it wasn't too bad and I managed around 5 hours sleep before I had to wake up. I checked the number of players and whattafuck, it was a staggering 8001 players.
Anyway, I had already psyched myself into playing it and there was no turning back. So how did I do ? Heheh..... I didn't win it or even made the final table. But I did make it ITM in 117th place which I thought was an achievement in itself. I don't really recall any particular hands but I did suck0ut one or two times to enable me to make it that far.

Oh well, let's see if there's going to be a next time. Screenshot of my final place finish attached.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice score bro!

-oluaris

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to play that tournament. Galing! Ok na rin yon ITM at least hindi nasayang yong gising mo ng maaga.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments. Looking forward to the next Monday holiday ... heheh.

-nova