RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, December 22, 2008

Shut Out

I played in 3 tourneys simultaneously this early Monday morning. And I went 0 out of 3. Yep, so now I'm in the office falling half asleep while feeling slightly depressed. Heheh. No excuses really. Yes, the cards were not falling. But I was also playing like crap.

First was the $100+9 buy in 50K Guaranteed Tourney over at Cake Poker. Played ok until after the 2nd break. Had average stack when I get 10 10. Raised it up. Got reraised all in. Called. And opponent shows AA.

Next up was the $50+5 buy in 125K guaranteed at Pokerstars. Also played ok until the 2nd break. Then I limped in KQ in middle position. 2 other limpers. And flop goes Q 10 10. I fired out a bet, one limper folded, the other limper tanked and then finally pushed all in. I got him covered. I knew from the way he played it that he didn't have the 10. So he had the Q. Since I had a K kicker. The only hand that could beat me was AQ. But who in their right mind would limp AQ. My instinct was telling me I was beat but I made the call and villain fucking shows AQ. This crippled my stack and I don't remember how I actually busted out, but I think I pushed with Ax and somebody called with a pocket pair.

Finally, there was the blogger tourney. Don't remember too much details. Also survived until the 2nd break but was low stacked. Was pretty much hovering around average to low stack the whole tourney. Finally pushed with QJ when my M was less than 8. Got called by AJ. And that was it for me.

My bust outs from the 3 tourneys all happened in a 30 minute span. Which kind of suggests that tilt was probably somewhere in the equation. I wanted to play 3 tourneys at the same time so as not to waste the early wake-up call. This is fine I guess as long as I'm doing well. But it also poses a risk of me tilting from one result and then affecting the others.

But if I only play 1 tourney, I play listlessly because I'm sleepy and just want to get it over with. Heheh.... oh well. Can't be too disappointed. Its been a good year poker wise so far. So hopefully we can still end the year with a bang.

No comments: