RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Ultimate Bet Experiment

I deposited $100 in Ultimate Bet a couple of weeks ago to try and avail of a sign-up bonus. But due to a one time Blackjack session wherein I was inebriated and where I played a modified Martingale method invented on the spot. I managed to successfully piss away the whole $100 in less than 20 hands.

Which brings me to my topic for today. Right now, I have exactly $1.50 left in my ultimate bet account. I have decided to conduct an experiment wherein I will see how far I can go with this small amount playing hold-em poker. I will either play SNGs, ring or hopefully some tourneys if I can raise it high enough. I will not do any withdrawals or redeposits to the account.

I will stop the experiement when either of 2 conditions are reached : (1) I go bankrupt or (2) I win enough to reach my original deposit of $100.

What is my purpose in doing this ? Wala lang, it sounds like fun. It should exorcise the ghost of that stupid Blackjack session. And I heard in the internet about something similar done by Jesus Ferguson. I think he started with $1 or $10 if I'm not mistaken and managed to grow it to thousands. So something along the same line.

Of course I do not delude myself into thinking that I am in the same skill level as Jesus. But I pretty much play low stakes where the players are much fishier. And I have a pretty modest target. If I do reach this target, it should be a good poker story to tell.

So from here on out. Whenever I post a new topic in this blog, I will include an addendum at the bottom showing how much the account has and if anything significant has happened. Of course, the experiment could easily end tomorrow. Or go on for a long time since I only play a couple of games per night. Heheh ..... let's see what happens. I'll call it the Ultimate Bet Experiment or UBE for short.

UBE as of 02/06/07 - $1.50

No comments: