RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fishes Galore

I was playing a $2.25 SNG in Full Tilt the other day while waiting for my wife to finish dressing so we could go to this baptismal party. Just for fun, I decided to sharkscope randomly 5 of the 8 players I was playing against. And here are the results (I changed the names, but I posted the results as they came out)

Player 1 = Skip
Games Played = 599
Ave ROI = -8%
Profit = -$ 1,121

Player 2 = Pinball
Games Played = 352
Ave ROI = -14%
Profit = -$271

Player 3 = Mack
Game Played = 163
Ave ROI = -42%
Profit = -$765

Player 4 = Silver
Games Played = 11
Ave ROI = 77%
Profit = $10

Player 5 = johnyboy
Games Played = 1,383
Ave ROI = -32%
Profit = -$3,949

Ok, observations

1. 4 out of 5 were losing money in SNGs. 2 had the fish symbol, one was in supertilt mode and the guy who had a winning record had 11 games and 10 dollars under his name. Hmmm..... Of course this is too small a sample to make a conclusion but it does go to show that majority of the players you play against in small stakes are fishy. And just to prove this or it could just be a coincidence, johnyboy, mack and pinball were the first ones to go out.

2. $3,939 dollars. Are you kidding me ? That's close to 200,000 pesos. You could feed 2 Filipino families for a year with that money. Of course, these are the players we love to play against, but sometimes I really cannot understand how Americans can waste that kind of money. I know it could just be a month's salary for some of them, but still that's a huge chunk of change. And the weird thing was, he was playing in 2 dollar stakes. The only thing I can assume is he probably lost majority of his money playing in higher stakes and went down to see if he could start winning. Or it could be all that he could afford now.

I am not laying judgement against these people. I am sure I had the fish symbol myself one time or another. But 1,383 games and losing close to $4,000 should be enough proof that maybe poker is not the game for you.

As for me, I busted out in 4th when I pushed AK against villain's K-10 for a dominant hand preflop, but obviously the 10 came out in the flop. Oh well, them are the breaks.

Ironically, the guy who busted me out was one of the ones I didn't scope ...... heheh. I wonder which result would have made me feel better. If I found out that he was a shark or a fish ?

But I'll certainly take that last hand anyday even if I'm up against Gus Hansen..... =)

No comments: