RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lying about your results

I just read in the net somewhere about this one poker blogger who got caught lying about the results of a game he had. He was bragging about schooling this other poker player who slow played a KK and basically allowed him to catch up with his gutshot draw.

What he didn't know was that the other poker player posted the actual hand histroy in his blog and somebody saw both blogs and reported it and it was fairly obvious to anyone who knows poker that the hand was not slow played. It was raised preflop and bet aggressively thru the flop and turn. The other guy was donkey calling and got lucky in the river. He also exaggerated about the stakes they were playing in.

So when this farce was exposed, guess what the 1st blogger did. He erased the post. Yep, which is basically the same as admitting your guilt.

Now this got me to thinking. How many poker bloggers out there are lying about their results? It is pretty easy to do even with programs like Sharkscope. I guess its just human nature to report only your wins and keep quiet about your losses. But it is totally different to lie and openly manufacture something.

I read quite a few blogs both local and foreign and now its gotten me wondering because sometimes you can't help but envy some of these foreign players who play in high stakes and seemingly win most of the time. If you listen to some of their exploits, it sounds like they're either blessed by the poker gods or they're really really good. Is it all true ? Maybe these people are just like the rest of us suckers, grinding along and trying to make a small profit month by month.

I know the local players are pretty honest, because most of us are just beginning and there is really no sense in lying. Because that's how you get better. Analyzing your losses and asking other's opinion of your play is common. If you hide your losses and pretend you're a winner, then I don't think you'll go very far in this fickle game we all play.

On another issue, I've decided to stop the UBE experiment. A close friend of mine who reads my blog was talking to me the other day and he had a good point. He said why waste my time playing $1.10 games to try and hit my objective when I can probably make the $100 in a much shorter period by playing my normal limits at the other sites. Then just transfer the $100 back to Ultimate Bet.

DUH .......

That's not the point, it's an exercise in bankroll management .... it was supposed to be a lesson to other beginners about the value of one dollar in the game of poker ............ It is about poker honor and standing up for your values against other rigged games like Blackjack .... ; )

And so ... the UBE officially ends at $6.49.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup we local guys are honest... did I tell you about my 11" dick ? - 11Finger

novagalaxy said...

lol ....

bluff so I'll reraise and dare you to show a picture in your blog

=)

ivegotdnuts said...

ur friend is smart :P