RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Poker Retrospective

Since its Chinese New Year and I'm chinese in origin. I thought it was time to do some kind of poker retrospective wherein I chronicle some of my results so far. Mind you, it's very informal as I don't really use any kind of poker tracking software, so I think it's time that I begin using one to further analyze my game and see how it can be improved. If you guys have any suggestion on what is the best one to use with instructions on how to use it, I would very much appreciate it. Also, where can you download this software or do you have to buy it ? Thanks in advance.

Alias : novagalaxy
Sites that I play in : Pokerroom, Full Tilt, Poker.com, Ultimate Bet
Online poker player since August 2006.
Initial bankroll - US$150

SNG Games played - approx 500
This is an estimate, but I think its fairly accurate considering the time I started playing and the fact that I only have time to play a couple of SNGs a night.

Playing Limits - $2 + 0.25, $5 + 0.50, $6 + 0.50 and $ 10 + 1 NL Holdem

Notable Events
13 th place in Pokerroom Grand Tourney
2nd place in Poker.com $2000 Guaranteed Tourney
Have ITM also in some small tourneys and freerolls but not really significant to list.

Ok, here is where it gets hazy. My ROI is probably very high if you count the big MTT ITMs since my bankroll was relatively small when I placed in the Grand Tourney. But if you take that out and consider only SNGs and small tourneys, I think its just average.

If we don't consider the 2 Tourney ITMs I listed. In terms of amounts from the time I started in the respective sites. I'm up a few hundred dollars in Pokerroom, up a few in Fulltilt, down around $80 in Poker.com and down around $95 in Ultimate Bet courtesy of Blackjack.

In terms of live play, I've played in the first 1M holdem championship at ACF and 2 other ACF tourneys by PBT. I final tabled one and busted out in all the others.

Cash Games/Ring - I don't really play cash games. In the few games that I've tried online, I probably lost around $40.

And that in a nutshell is my game so far. My objectives this year going forward is pretty simple, continue playing $5 and $10 SNGs and try to make a small profit every month, play as many qualifying satellites for the big tourneys as I can, and hopefully get an ITM in one of these tourneys.

Wachathink ? Another option is to increase my SNG limit to $20 and try to make the moolah from there. I've tried $20+2 and $30+3 SNGs a couple of times and so far the results have been positive. I'm just too scaredy cat to completely plunge into these stakes.

Because then its kind of serious money and it might not be healthy in the long run since I still consider this as just some form of past-time/hobby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're on the right track. Stay conservative. Get your earnings from the tournaments that you qualify for cheaply.

Gain more experience before you try the higher stakes.

- lawrence "ur smart friend" =)

novagalaxy said...

wow! u finally had the courage to write something .. huh?

the thing is.. why should i listen to someone who hasn't won any of the home games that we've had ...

if ur so smart, maybe you can enlighten me ...... ;)

ivegotdnuts said...

nova,

i think you already answered your question... stay and play at stakes where your comfy at, no need for higher stakes if its just for fun and recreation.

ps.

home game sngs are cake :)

Ordnacin said...

To track SNG's I recommend Tourney Manager, rings Poker Tracker... ---> 11Finger