RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Breakthrough


Woohoo. I know its just 3rd place. I know its just $255. But heck, after a really bad April, I'll take anything. Besides, my total investment amounted to the ridiculous amount of $6. The original buy-in and one add-on.
The short break and the realization of some leaks allowed me to tighten up my game. I was also heeding my own advice to just play without any pressure. Hence the lowly $3 tournament which I don't normally play.
I tinkered a bit with my playing style and my adjustment basically amounted to being more patient in waiting for the premium hands and trusting my instinct to fold when I know I'm beat. I realized when I checked some of the poker tracking sites that I'm basically seen as an aggressive player preflop and I think that some of the other donks could be subscribing to these and playing back with nothing. So toning down a bit on the steals was part of the plan.
And it worked. Well except for the last hand. Chip leader and me both flopped top pair and all the money went in. He outkicked me. I raised with 7-3. He played 7-9. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do u cashout from cake? -pocketjoe25

novagalaxy said...

You can request for a check once a month with no courier fees as long as its $500 & above. Additional checks will cost $35 to send.

The kicker is they send a peso check. The conversion is crappy. But you can deposit it immediately and it clears like a local check.

And they don't accept click2pay.