RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the verge

On the verge : (dictionary meaning) the limit beyond which something happens or changes.

The Boston Celtics are on the verge of winning the 2008 NBA Championship. MVP Kobe Bryant with all his skill and the Gasol trade (trade doesn't seem to be the right word, robbery sounds better), appears to be not enough to deny the Big 3 their ring.

Even though I would normally root for the Lakers against the Celtics, I am a long time admirer of Garnett and this is one time that I hope that the Celtics take it all the way for the sake of the veterans who have shown everyone how teamwork and sacrifice can work wonders. The Lakers are young and with Bynum coming back next year. They will be the team to beat in the 2009 season and for the years to come.

So go Boston !!!

In poker news, I was on the verge of breaking my monitor last night. Heheh.... $22+2 SNG in FTP. There were 5 players left. Had a medium stack when I get dealt AAs. I make the perfect trap and got the chip leader to go all in with his KJ in a King high board. Turn is a blank and river is a K. Good game me.

Another SNG, I think an $11+1 this time. I get KKs and again I got somebody to go all in with his spade flush draw after the flop. River is the spade. Arrgh....

Makes you wonder if you just want to overbet the monsters pre-flop to at least get the blinds instead of succesfully outplaying someone by having them lay all their chips in the middle a huge underdog, but getting drawn out in the end.

Poker.... hayy ...

In hindsight, should have broken my monitor. This way, I can get the 19" inch LCD widescreen that I've long been craving for. heheh

No comments: