RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Friday, February 15, 2008

Learning Curve

I'm currently on an SNG losing streak. Meaning I haven't placed in the past 8 or so SNGs that I played. A mixture of 11s, 6.50s and even a 22.

Every poker player is aware of variance and I know that losing 8 games in a row is not uncommon. But I did notice something. I don't know if its the same for everyone. I noticed that whenever I'm reading some new poker literature. I go on these extended losing binges. One minute I'm winning consistently, then I decide to read and absorb some new concept, suddenly next thing I know, I lose 5 straight and my ROI dips.

It's as if the human mind takes time to adjust and adopt the new concept into what you already know and during this period of adjustment, you tend to play experimentally as you try out some of the advices given.

I know that some of the things we read about poker strategy may be junk, but others are obviously critical to better play. Sometimes you just have to try them out yourselves to see the validity of the concept. Because everybody plays with a different style and a poker concept's value is different for each individual depending on how it is integrated into one's style.

No comments: