RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fantasy Basketball

Don't know if any of you guys play fantasy basketball, but I've been playing for the past 3 years and the new season has just started. One of the regular leagues I join in Yahoo has already finished its draft and here are the players I got. This is standard Yahoo Head to Head 12 teams with 9 categories with a 500 buyin. I am listing down the players I drafted and in what round.

Round 1 Steve Nash 8th Overall
Round 2 Ray Allen
Round 3 Deron Williams
Round 4 Luol Deng
Round 5 Zach Randolph
Round 6 Lamar Odom
Round 7 TJ Ford
Round 8 Monta Ellis
Round 9 Lamarcus Aldridge
Round 10 Nene Hilario
Round 11 Andres Nocioni
Round 12 Rudy Gay
Round 13 Darko Milicic

Overall, I'm satisfied with what I got. Wasn't able to get a top tier center, but from previous experience, quality PGs are more important. So I went with that strategy and getting Nash and Deron is pretty cool. I may have reached for Deng in the 4th round but I think he's just gonna explode this year. Was surprised to get Odom in the 6th as he would usually go on the 4th round but his injury last year may have affected his ranking.

Nocioni and Gay are what I call the "speculative with lots of upside picks" and I was happy to get them in the last few rounds. Milicic because I needed a shot blocker and I thought that he would get some burn in his new team Memphis.

Biggest Surprise : Nobody drafted Shaq. Yep. He's still available on the waivers. I'm guessing nobody wanted the FT% killer in their teams. I am actually hugely tempted because of my lack of quality centers. But I am wary of his injury history and the horrendous FT percentage.

Comments from other basketball junkies would be highly appreciated. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey join our fantasy league at NBA.com, exclusive for poker players. email me at ordnacin@yahoo.com - 11Finger

Anonymous said...

OK. Count me in.

nova

ivegotdnuts said...

i like ur team haha goodjob.