RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, May 14, 2007

Election Day Results

Final Tally ---> Novagalaxy 2 out of 3 =)

3 tournaments played this election day weekend. Managed to cash in on 2 of them. One was a very nice 2nd place finish in a $2K Guaranteed for $400. The other was a barely ITM 38th in the Bodog Double Stack 25K Guaranteed for $100.

Some details :

1. I think I could have taken down the 2kGuaranteed but I just got impatient. When we were HU, my opponent was playing very tight. So I bluffed a lot and this was working in the beginning as I managed to catch up to his lead. And then it was a looong see-saw back and forth affair. Finally went for a semi bluff with middle pair in what appeared to be a seemingly safe board. But unluckily for me, he played an unbelievable 7-4 and managed to flop 2 pairs. And that was all she wrote. To the credit of my opponent, he played very well. I almost had him with an AA when I was pushing continuously. He thought about it for a long time but made the good laydown.

2. The Bodog 25K MTT was tough. There were 400++ players and I wasn't getting any action with my good hands as everybody was being patient with the double stack. Managed to stay afloat with some jamming and a KK double up. But I was below average most of the time. Then this hand came up near the bubble part of the tourney.

Action was folded to me in the SB. I got 10-5 clubs. I had about 13xBB stack but there was a good amount in the middle because of the high blinds and antes. The BB was a very tight player so I pushed all in on a stone cold bluff. He insta-calls. Uh-oh and shows KQ. He flops the K for top pair and my percentages just dropped. But then I go turn and river clubs for the flush. Woohoo !! Just to rub salt in his wound, the last card was the Q of clubs to give him 2 pair.

When we were ITM, I tried to be aggressive to get a shot at the 6K first prize. First push was an A7 called by an A8 with no improvement for half my stack. Then I get AJ and push again. Caller shows A3. Hahah!! But I guess it was my turn in the suck-out wheel. As he magically flops the 3 and river is another 3. See what I mean about MTT variance. =)

But all in all, a pretty good weekend of tournament poker.

No comments: