RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Still Got the Mojo

Over the labor day weekend, I had some free time. So I decided to play in some online tournaments.

First try, played a super turbo satellite for the $5k guaranteed bounty in Cake. Top 4 gets a ticket. Played well, finished 3rd in chips, got the ticket. Proceeded to then play the bounty tourney. Busted out somewhere in the middle. My pocket pair (88) push was beaten by an A2 dumbass call by chip leader in our table. Ace flops and sayonara for me.

Second Try, played in a $12+1 and $24+2 90 man Turbo Knockout Tourney simultaneously in Full Tilt. Made the final table in both tourneys. After the smoke cleared, I finished 4th in the first one and 2nd in the other.

3rd Try. $2.5K Guaranteed Rebuy in Cake. Joined right before the rebuy period ended. Just playing tight as a lot of jokers play these rebuys. I get AK in early position with about half of the players eliminated. Had about 12 BBs left but blinds and antes was a fifth of my stack. So easy push. A guy with roughly about the same stack tanks but proceeds to call and shows AQ.

If you've been playing poker a long time. You will come to realize that there is always this one time in a tourney where the situation makes or breaks you. You know that if you double up then you can make the final table for a good payday. If you lose, then a good chance wasted. Sometimes its hard to recognize when this critical point happens. But in this case, I knew that this was it. I was playing well and was confident in my decisions. With a good enough stack, I knew I could easily make it to the final table. AK vs AQ. Dominated hand. What more could you ask for ?

Alas, the poker gods again decided to fuck me over as the Q came out on the turn. Bugger!!

Anyways, it was a good run after a long period of inactivity. All my eliminations were 3 outer bad beats and I netted close to $500 over the weekend. So quite satisfied and ended up thinking that I still got the cojones to play and beat this game.

No comments: