RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Friday, April 30, 2010

Sex in Video Games

I know it may be an old topic, but I never realized just how far sex in mainstream video games have evolved until I got to play a game called Dragon Age Origins in my PC recently. I haven't been playing PC games that much for the past few years, but I read a review of the game and a friend also heartily recommended it, so I decided to try it out.

For you PC gamer addicts, I'm sure you're familiar with the game. For everybody else, its basically a role playing game where you assume the role of like a warrior, mage or rogue and battle evil beings.

So I played the first few nights and before long I was hooked. It was the same old dungeons and dragons stuff that I used to play back in the days. So nothing new there except for the really good graphics. But the main difference was that there was a lot of interaction with the characters in the game. Such that you can actually get a character to fall in love with your character and then they have video sex.

The first time this happened, I was shocked. What the heck! I mean it was quite funny and the woman character was in bra and panties. But there was no mistaking the scenes that were being portrayed. Man on top, woman on top. The shock factor was not because of any moral indignation on my part, but more because it was totally unexpected in a mainstream RPG.

So now, you're wondering. Can you do it with another character ? So I buttered up one of the other female characters to make her fall in love. And waddya know, she also agrees to have sex. And then the 2 computer characters you had sex with are now fighting because your character wooed both of them and they are asking you to choose between them.

The dialogues were hysterically funny and as a self confessed morally depraved human being. I have to admit it made the game much more compelling. I am certainly not going into the issue of the morality of portraying sex in video games that can be accessed by kids. I mean, half of the movies that are being shown now have sex scenes in one way or another and they are certainly much more graphic and revealing. But my curiosity was piqued so I surfed the net and read some of the comments made on the game and I find out that you can actually do sexy time between same sex characters in the right circumstance. Yep! So gay sex and lesbian sex is also included. So as not to alienate certain portions of society. Heheh.

I'm guessing its just a normal evolution. As video game graphics get more realistic, then I'm guessing the designers have to make the scenarios more realistic also. I am sure that the addition of sex no matter how awkwardly handled has made the games sell better as the people who play these kinds of games probably get a big kick out of fulfilling their fantasies in whatever form they can get it.

Now if I can just find a hack to remove the bra and panty ........... ;)

UPDATE 05/04/10
Attached sample pic from the net just so you have an idea what I am talking about


No comments: