RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My wife knows more about poker than me ...

I was playing the 3K guaranteed Rebuy over at Cake last night. I did my usual buy in only after the 1st hour routine and was lucky enough to triple up early on using short stack poker strategy.
So now we're near the bubble and I had about 11K in chips. Blinds were already up to 800-1600. I get dealt 10 10 in middle position. One limper in front. So I push all in. Everybody folds except for limper who insta-calls with KK. Fug... the limp trap with monster hand. Flop comes and it shows a 10 to complete a miracle set for me. Woo hoo. Limper had about 10K in chips so I bust him out and double up in the process.

A few hands later and I got moved to a different table. I now had about 20K in chips when I get AJ in late position. Blinds were now 1K-2K. Again one limper in front. So I push all in. SB and BB gets out of the way. Limper tanks for a while. I had him covered by about 1k. He then eventually calls. Guess what he shows. QJ. Dominated hand.

Flops comes Q rag rag. Another Q on the turn. And that essentially cripples me and I bust out on the forced all in on the next hand. I scream and rant at the screen shouting all kinds of stupid names that I can think of at the donkey caller who couldn't hear me anyway.

My wife who managed to observe this whole sequence of events was bemused. She understands the basics of holdem as she sometimes plays in house games. So she asks me. "Hon, why are you so upset ? Isn't that the same exact thing that happened a while back when you had 10 10s. You were the one that dealt a bad beat to the other guy. That was even worse because you only had 2 outs".

I answered quite rudely since I was still steaming. "It's totally different. In the first hand described, I was the aggressor and my M was pretty low. So a push there was the correct move. 7 out of 10 times I would have stolen the antes and blinds which was worth a third of my stack. 2 out of 10 probably I would get called but my 10s would be good. Nagkataon lang in this case, Limper 1 was trapping with monsters and obviously was going to call. He just got unlucky. If I had busted out there, I would have accepted it graciously knowing I made the correct move in that situation. It was just poker fate that doubled me up.

In the 2nd situation, it is totally different. I was still the aggressor and trying to steal the blinds thinking limper had a marginal hand. I blew my top because limper was a total donkey and the poker gods rewarded him. He was presented with a situation where he had to call all of his chips and his tournament life on Q fucking J. And he did it when the correct move was to fold. He has no read on me since I just got moved to the table. So you can't say he was trying to stand up to my aggressiveness. There is no plausible reason except that he is a total donkey."

My wife shrugs .... and says "It sounds like the same to me". =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I started to get real income.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Crawling Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Easily Search HD Movies, Games, Music, Software & Download Them @ Alarming Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo forums[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known methods to generate an income online.