RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A most painful 3rd

I was going to do a different post today regarding how to open 2nd accounts in poker sites. But this Cake Poker tourney last night just blew my mind away. Results below

Well, 3rd place is not bad, you might say. But it was the way I got 3rd that was the clincher. Allow me to vent a little and see if you agree with me how painful this thing was.

We were down to 3. I was 2nd in stack size. Big Blind and I get Q 10 diamonds. Hugewad (3rd in stack) who is in SB just completes. So I check. Flop is Q, 7, 8 with 2 diamonds. So I have top pair and flush draw. Hugewad bets about 3/4 pot. I raise him all in. He instacalls and shows Q fucking 3. I had him dominated.

Well of course, a 7 and a high card had to show up which made us split the pot. This was a sure 2nd that got clobbered by poker fate.

Immediately on the next hand, I was in SB and I get AK spades. Yep. So I raise 3xBB. Mr Joe who was in BB had me covered by about 10,000 in chips immediately reraises me all in. I tank for a while, but what can you do ? I was going for first, the blinds were high and this was as good a hand as I was going to get.

So I call, and he shows AK diamonds. Heheh ..... So at most, a split pot. But nooo ... the poker gods had to have the last laugh. Diamond on the flop and runner runner diamonds to boot me out in 3rd place. Mweheheheheh ............

A win that became a split pot and a split pot that became a bust out in back to back hands ...Sigh.... no wonder you go crazy playing this game.


No comments: