RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Friday, August 22, 2008

Close but not quite .....

I made a post yesterday noting that I had made ITM in the past couple of tournaments that I played. But I couldn't break through to top 3. Last night I was busy doing some research for a presentation that I had to make, so I fired up one of the 180 man $4.40 buy in tourneys over at Pokerstars to play on the side.

Well, you can see the results below:

I made 2nd place which is quite nice considering the $4 investment. But still SO close that I can taste it ... The main difference was that I played a little more tightly than my usual game. This was done as part experiment and partly because I was doing something else.

The end result was actually good - 2nd place. But because I played quite tight. When we went heads up, I only had about 40k in chips and my opponent had more than 200K. When you're in a situation like this, you have to push and push hoping to double up.

Final hand was my AJ suited againts his pocket 5s and as usual no luck for me.

OK so now what ? Well, it looks like I have to find the right balance between the aggressiveness before and the tightness last night to finally win one. But I'll take 2nd anyday in these kinds of small tourneys. =)


No comments: