RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to the Tournament Trail?

I heard from pokermanila that an online Pinoy player just placed 3rd in the Pokerstars Sunday Warm up for a cool $62K and change. That's about 2.8 million pesos. Very nice score, indeed !!!

I've been stuck playing just SNGs this year due to time constraints. But this news has sort of gotten me thinking of trying the tourneys again.

I did fairly well last year (not to the point of reaching 5 figure cashes) when I exerted time and effort to join regular tourneys. My win/cash rate was OK and I had a positive ROI. My main problem was that tourneys just take too damn long and the good ones start after midnight philippine time. I am not exactly young and I need to get at least 6 or 7 hours of sleep to function well the next day.

Also, it was extremely frustrating to play 5 or 6 hours at a time, then just place in the money for 2x or 3x your buy-in. Tourneys are designed be top heavy but it really takes a lot of patience and a good amount of luck to hit top 3.

So hats off to the pinoy player. And this should show people who are still on the fence about online poker its potential. Imagine sitting at home, playing what is essentially a game in your PC and earning 2 million pesos.

Of course I'm oversimplifying things, but you get my point. =)

No comments: