RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rubbing the Tummy

My six year old daughter will sometimes watch me play online poker. She gets a kick out of seeing me scream at the screen when a bad beat happens. She thinks its just a computer game and cannot understand what the big deal is all about. The agony of being ahead and being drawn against by donkeys is not something you can explain to a six year old kid. So I just told her that if I win, then I get some free money.

One day, she came up with an idea. She asked me to rub her tummy for good luck. I don't know where she got this crazy idea. Maybe from a TV show somewhere. So now everytime she's there and I'm facing an all in call, I rub her tummy for luck. After the cards are dealt, I raise my hand and give her a big smile.

Does it actually work ?

Heheh .... if variance and bad luck can be beaten by rubbing a six year old girl's tummy. Then I can probably copyright the idea and get rich overnight.

But it makes her giggle and laugh and feel proud about herself ..... and it prevents me from using swear words in front of her .... and that in my book is what rubbing the tummy is all about.

No comments: