RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Omaha Story atbp

In no particular order:


1. Accidentally entered a Pot Limit Omaha Hi SNG. Thought it was NLHE. And folded my way to ITM. Did not play one single hand except for the big blind and the table just busted itself out. I played my first voluntary hand when there were only four of us left. So 2 really big stacks, one small stack and me. The small stack was quickly eliminated. And then there were 3. Immediately noticed that one of them was already disconnected and was just folding away. But for some reason Big Stack villain#2 did not notice, so I stole a lot of blinds and got myself up even to him. Then a pivotal hand where I got the higher straight on an initial board of 6 7 8. Big stack villain #1 never returned and it was the easiest 1st I ever took. Low limit Omaha can't be that easy ? Will play some more games and see what happens.


2. Bubbled out in 2 NLHE Tournaments. One was an 8th place finish where top six gets paid. And the other was a 7th place finish where only Top 5 got paid. One was a bad beat where my set of Jacks got flushed on the river. The other was a bad push on my side, although was ahead preflop A-3 vs K-10. It was bad because I think I could have played that differently and kept myself in that game.


3. For some good news, I took down first in an Ultimate Bet $5.50 MTT. A case of "Last Money never dies". If you remember the UBE from my previous entry, I conducted an experiment where I was going to see how far I was going to go with the $1.50 I had left ($98.50 was lost to a drunken night of Blackjack) ala Ferguson. This abruptly ended when I realized that it was a semi waste of time. But I had actually gotten it up to a few dollars higher playing micro SNGs. That was a few months ago and I completely forgot that I had some money left in UB. Well, UB decided to remind me and also added $10 to my inactive account. So I decided to just play out the money and of course I immediately win an MTT to push my account over $100 and belatedly fulfill the objectives of that experiment. Mweheheh ....

Okay ... I know this is unscientific and has no basis at all. But have you ever noticed that whenever you have a small amount of money left and say "fuckit, i'll just play it out to close the account", you tend to win. This has happened to me twice already. The first time was during the early stages of my online playing when I had around $18 left in Poker.com and just played it all in a $15 MTT. I took down second for a little over $400.

Yep ... bullshit theory. But I just wanted to see if anybody had the same kind of experience.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nova, It happened to me last year at Doyle's room. I registered but didnt make a deposit.After a month they gave me $10. Played it til I was down to $1.00++. Made $400 in a week playing $3-5 SNG.Read lots of books and online articles.Today after 1 year I've won a total of over $40K+ playing at different sites. My secret? BR management!I now play fulltime and Im having a great time.

novagalaxy said...

Very Nice !! How's it like playing fulltime ?

I'm tempted sometimes after good wins. But my job pays well enough and since I have a family to support, too risky. If I was single, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Heheh.

Great poker success story. =)

Anonymous said...

That totally happened to me too... Pokerstars... left about 40 and when I was down to 16, I cash in big... LOL

Ariel