RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bad Beat Central

Hahah ... just had to get them out of my chest. Busted out on the first hand in 2 tourneys one right after the other.

1. $5.50 buy in. UTG. First hand and I get AAs. Blinds were 5-10. I raise it to 50. Somebody reraises to 90. 2 callers before it gets back to me. Raise it again to 350. Guy who originally reraised calls. The 2 others fold and we see a flop. The flop was K 5 8 with 2 hearts. I go all in. Without any hesitation, villain calls and shows A heart 10 spade. Lol ..... yep. I was jumping in joy until he turns and rivers 2 hearts for the flush.

2. $11.00 buy in 1.5K GTD. First hand I get K9o late position. Blinds were 10-20. Two limpers and then 1 guy raises very high to 215. Fully intending to fold but I was playing an SNG at the same time and I click call by mistake on the wrong table. So I see a flop and its the miracle flop. Q J 10 giving me the straight. The guy who raised throws out a small bet. I of course go immediately all in. He calls and shows 10 10 for the set. Yeah baby. River was the Q to give him the fullhouse. Ouch.

Luckily I took down the SNG for some consolation. But still, ugh! . What can you do? You get your chips all-in when you're ahead. The essence of NLHE play. Can't do anything about the luck part. =)

No comments: