RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fiasco Update

Well ... the good news is I got a refund of the buy-in. (see previous entry).

But I did not get any share of the pot. It seems that there is a policy to distribute winnings among all remaining players only after the tournament is shut down. So even though I finished in 8th, I was not entitled to anything. The irony was they shut down the tourney a few minutes after I bust out. Hahah !!

I know its a crappy rule, but what can you do ?

At least its a good lesson for anyone out there who may end up in the same situation. Just hang-on and don't go all-in. Hopefully the admins realize the error quickly and shut down a tourney while you are still in it. This way you get a share of the pot.

I'm not sure if any of you have been involved in someting similar. Do other sites follow the same rule ? It's probably something useful to know for next time.

No comments: