RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, July 2, 2007

Poker.com Tourney Fiasco

I was playing in the 2K GTD at Poker.com yesterday. Was playing OK, had about average stack, 50 players left. Suddenly, I noticed that we were playing shorthanded (6 people) which never happens at this stage of the tourney. Usually, somebody would transfer from another table to fill up or your table would be broken I checked the tourney details and saw that it was happening to the other tables as well.

Shit. Probably a computer error or something. No choice, just had to play through. My table went down to 4 handed. Then was suddenly transferred to another table. This one played down to 3. Then I was left all alone in one table for like 5 minutes. Didn't know what the heck was going on.

Finally busted out in 8th when I got moved to a table with 2 other players who had very big stacks so I was forced to move in. There was no final table, it was 2 tables with 5 and 3 players each.

The thing was I knew I busted out in 8th because I was checking out the tourney details every once in a while and the time I've spent playing. But the site said I busted out in 37th which is out of the money. WTF!!

I immediately contacted support but all i got was a generic message saying that they encountered a problem and that the buy-ins have been refunded and that winnings will be distributed according to their policy.

So now its a day after and my buy-in has not been refunded. My 8th place finish which is worth around 60 dollars if I'm not mistaken is also NADA. I have a sinking suspicion that I'm gonna get screwed on this one. I forgot to get a screenshot of the tables showing 8 players left when I bust out. So if their database reflects 37th, then I pretty much have no proof.

Oh well, another instance to show how unprotected our online money is. We pretty much go with whatever the site decides to do. I'll post an update later if I do get a refund. =(

No comments: