RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Poker and Pirates

Finally got to play some online pokah these past few days after a week long hiatus.

And the results are pretty mixed. First I lost a 5 dollar buy in tourney. Then I place 4th in a $2 buy in for $20 by sheer dumb luck. Then I get hot in the SNGs and ITM'd 3 in a row before losing 2. Busted out in a 10 dollar buy in at Pokerroom. Busted out again in the Poker.com 2k guaranteed. Bubbled out in 7th in a Full Tilt 45 person SNG (my AQ push called by an AK). Then finally capped it by finishing 17 out of 370++ in a 4.5K guaranteed over at Bodog for $54.

Hahah .... weird. It was like up down up down. No significant cash, just enough to cover all the buy-ins with a few dollars left over.

The last hand at Bodog was a classic. I had 6-2 in the Big Blind, when 2 other guys limp in. Blinds and antes were huge. Thought about jamming but decided to just check. Flop comes 6-6-7. Guy in SB pushes all in. I had him covered so automatic call. Then suddenly the other guy also pushes all in and he had me covered. Pot commited I had to make the crying call. SB flips over J-7. And of course the other guy had A-6.

That's poker! =) Hooks you with just enough drama and wins to ensure that you come back.

Also got to watch Pirates of the Carribean 3 with my daughter this past weekend. And I don't know if its just me, but didn't really like it that much. I mean the action sequences were awesome especially the boat fight in the maelstorm. But they put too much blackmailing and backstabbling events prior that you had a hard time following the plot. So instead of just enjoying the ride, you had to try and figure out what was going on half the time. My daughter kept asking me questions about who the good guy was. Mweheheh ... Being six years old, it was hard for her to understand why all the ugly looking brutes were the good guys. Weaned on disney cartoons like Snow White and Little Mermaid, the villains are always supposed to be fearsome and sinister. So Captain Jack Sparrow is the epitome of a villain except he's good...... well kind of ......

No comments: