RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, August 30, 2010

Repeat Performance

After taking down the $1k Guaranteed over at Cake a few days ago, I decided to try out my luck again. Wasn't really doing anything last night. Really planned to play the Sunday Million that Monday morning but I didn't wake up in time as usual, so this was the best tourney for my schedule after a long day with the family.

Right off the bat, it looks good. Only 82 people playing giving a $180 overlay. After a few hands, I doubled up with a well hidden straight against somebody's two pair. So I had some buffer to have a leisurely dinner while sitting out.

Came back, still had a good stack, and about a third of the field gone. Time to go aggressive. Stole some blinds, stayed patient. Then bingo. Got KK with 2 players coming along for the ride. And just played TAG the rest of the way and reached the final table comfortably. I actually didn't know that I had already reached the final table until somebody mentioned it in chat. I thought there were 2 tables left. Heheh.

Final table was just me using SNG strategy, stealing some blinds to stay afloat and picking off the small stacks. Unfortunately the big stacks were consolidating. And when we were 3 handed. I had about 35k left against the 2 other players who both had about 90k in chips.

Checked out both player's stats in Sharkscope and found out they weren't really that experienced and were negative profit players. So it gave me some confidence to try out some moves. But I wasn't really getting any cards and knew I'd be blinded out if I didn't make a stand. Finally, in one flop, I had a flush draw. I knew opponent had hit something (top or middle pair). When he led out, I just pushed all in hoping for the fold. But alas, I underestimated the fishiness as he instacalled and showed middle pair. Luckily, river gave me the out and doubled me up.

This tilted opponent 1 and he starts spewing his chips. Unfortunately for me, my other opponent gets the benefit as he flops a set and proceeds to clean up when fish again overplays his middle pair.

And then we were heads up. I had about 70k. Opponent 2 had about 150k. Long way to make up but the blinds were still manageable. So this time, I just raised everything. I wasn't even looking at the value of the cards. Just raised everytime when I was first to act. Folded a few to make it seem like I was honest. But eventually opponent 2 sensed that I was raising with crap and he started playing back. And then I got lucky again. I raised with crap. I think 7-5 or some shitty hand like that. He called. I then proceeded to get the straight on the turn and he was on a flush draw. So he just called me all the way down.

And now I had more chips than him. And this was where he lost his patience I think. So I went back to being hyper aggressive only folding when he obviously had something. Finally I got AQ, raised it up, got reraised, pushed all in, and got called with KJ. All low cards. And that was it.



No comments: