RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Friday, June 11, 2010

Feeding the Donkeys

Just a few minutes ago, I was playing a bunch of 11 dollar SNGs over at Full Tilt. And in one sequence of events, I made 3 pushes against 3 different opponents in 3 different SNGs and I was in total shock when all 3 called and all 3 of them won when I was ahead in all 3 pushes.

It wasn't the calls that got me as obviously you'd get random calls in the span of an SNG. It wasn't even the bad beat as that happens all the time. It was the sheer awful play that these players exhibited. They had sufficient stacks to fold but they just called with only semi decent hands.

I was shaking my head in wonder at this surreal turn of events. And here I was thinking that the sit and go games are getting tougher and tougher and the skill level of online players have exponentially improved these past few years. Then I get bombarded with 3 dumb moves right on top of each other. And at one of the supposedly toughest sites to play in. (FTP)

I made a bet to myself right then and there. I will sharkscope these 3 guys and I will fucking eat my grimy mousepad if any of these 3 turns out to be a winning online player. That was how upset I was and how sure I was that these players couldn't be making these kinds of moves and winning, right ? The poker gods can't be that cruel.

And this was the result ....

Ahhh .... there is still justice in this crazy poker world of ours. I am now happy because I have done my part in feeding the donkeys every once in a while to make sure that they do not become extinct. =)