RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, August 24, 2009

Up


Up as in the Disney movie "UP". And not up as in "I'm up in poker".

I watched UP with my 7 year old daughter yesterday at Galleria. Wasn't really expecting much. More of the same Pixar grand adventure happy ending kind of movie with lots of special cartoon effects thrown in. Was pretty much contented to just spend a lazy Sunday afternoon relaxing with my kid.

But I have to say I was quite surprised at how good the movie was. Yes, it was the same feel good formula that Disney uses all the time. But there was something about Mr. Fredricksen and Russel that really pulled your strings. It was hilarious one second, then suddenly became touching and deeply affecting at times. At the danger of being called a wimp, I laughed out loud numerous times during the film. And during the sad moments, I really had to try very hard to keep a poker face. . Lest my daughter see me burst into tears and ruin my tough daddy reputation. =)

In short, it is one of the best movies I've ever had the pleasure of watching. A lot of people may disregard the movie since its an animated film designed for kids. But its an awesome piece of cinematic magic. And heartily recommended to kids and adults of all ages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yup very nice film. best line was 'i know you might say they were boring, but it's the most boring moments I remember the most'