RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, April 21, 2008

Party Animal

Warning : Brag post ahead.

I posted previously that the games in Partypoker were kind of soft. And I do believe it is just a lucky streak. But before I donk the winnings away, let me just post my Party Poker "shark" status for posterity before it disappears forever in the annals of poker history.



I know its a pretty small set of data and not really conclusive, but heck it only happens once in a while and it's my blog anyway. So I'm bragging about it while it lasts. =)

In semi related poker news, I was in Guangzhou China for the Canton Fair last week and I am now convinced that online poker/gambling is controlled in some way by the government. I stayed in a different hotel from last time and like before, all the poker sites were not working. The only exception was the merge network and even then it was mind-numbingly slow to the point of impossible. Suspiciously similar to the circumstances of my last visit. All the other sites like Google and Yahoo were working fine.

So if the USA wants to control the proliferation of online poker in their shores, they should take a page from the Chinese. I have no idea how they do it, but its damn efficient. I'm guessing the USA can also easily do it thru the ISPs, except they're probably scared of lawsuits and whatnot.... so they're going about it in a roundabout way by controlling the payment processors.

Oh well, I'm glad I'm living in good ol Pinas. Where the government is too busy politicking and leaves online poker alone. =)


No comments: