RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, March 17, 2008

Superstitions

Nothing much happening in the poker front. Was up a few hundred dollars playing SNGs in FTP the whole of February. Then went on a ridiculous downward spiral in March losing half of the gain. Stopped for a while and played at Pokerroom, tightened my game a bit, got a few wins going. Went back to FTP and I end up winning 4 in a row. Is poker great or what ?

I usually change sites when I'm on one of the funky downswings. Again, no scientific basis at all. It's just one of those things. I feel like its a new start and all those previous losses don't wear down on me so much. No pressure to gain back what was lost and voila, I play better.

Another thing that I do which is totally unscientific is I sometimes withdraw money from a site where I am on a losing streak. Like in the case of the above, in my disgust at my March results at FTP, I just withdrew $300. No reason, just something to say fuck you to the site. I didn't even transfer it to the debit card, just kept it in Click2pay. I'll probably redeposit it again sometime soon.

Petty things, I know, but it keeps me sane and with the feeling of control especially when bad beats keep coming even though you know you are making the correct move percentage wise.

I am also secretly hoping that some smart programmer might have built in some kind of detection mechanism which makes you win after a sudden withdrawal to encourage you to deposit again. Heheh ... pretty farfetched??

In other news, Ultimate Bet gave me $10 free since I haven't played in their site for a while. So thank you. They do this every once in a while and is the only site I know which actually gives you cash.

Oh, just a note, the low limit SNG tables at Party Poker are pretty soft. Played a few games and Party Poker account was immediately up more than a hundred dollars.

It's also Bonus time at both FTP and Pokerroom so gotta get back to the tables. Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: