RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Tourneys Blech ...

Played in 3 tourneys today. A $2,000 guaranteed in Poker.com, a $5,000 guaranteed in Bodog and a $2.00 buy in tourney.

Busted out in all three but was OK with my play. All the hands wherein I busted out, I was way ahead and I am happy that I got my money all in where it mattered. In the $2,000 guaranteed, I was 2 outered by a pair of 3's against my AAs middle of the tourney. In the $5,000 guaranteed, went deep and close to the money, but my QQs reraise all in was called by an AJ who then turned the Ace. Finally in the $2.00 buy in. My KKs was cracked by a real donkey who played an unbelievable Q10 with a preflop raise and an all in push after the flop. Villain then proceeded to river trip Queens.

Just for fun, I sharkscoped the last player who busted me out with the Q10 just to see if I was up against a psychic. Well, irony of ironies, she of course had the little fish flopping in the bowl and had lost close to US$1,500 in a span of around 600 games. Her graph was like a straight slanting line with no peaks.

But then again, what did I expect playing in a $2.00 one. It was like the poker gods telling me to shut up with my whining as everybody with basic poker knowledge knows that they have reserved the sickest beats in the low buy in tourneys. =)

Decided to quit after that last bustout as there seemed to be a pattern emerging in the beats. Imagine AA, QQ and KK cracked in 3 successive tourneys to bust me out. It was quite obvious that it just wasn't going to be my day. ;)

2 comments:

ivegotdnuts said...

at last, somebody who updates his blog!!! haha

I hope you do well in your next MTTs.

goodluck! :)

Anonymous said...

heheh ...why? Are we the only 2 guys updating their blogs =)

Thanks and GL to u 2.

nova