RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Thursday, March 8, 2007

24

Non poker content coming up

I just recently started watching the TV series "24" in DVD and I have to say this show really rocks. There are so many twists and turns in each episode that you never know what to expect.

I can't stop watching. The writers of the show really know how to end each epsiode with a cliffhanger. I keep saying to myself "ok last na" and then when it ends I can't wait to find out what happens next and before I know it, I've watched for another hour. Damn !

My wife is also hooked and she doesn't even like those action adventure espionage type of movies. She being more of a romance soap opera type of TV watcher. So that says a lot about the quality of the show if my wife keeps bugging me to explain some of the more technical aspects of the events happening in the show.

This addiction to 24 has resulted in me not playing too much poker these days. I did manage to play in another Poker.com $2000 Guaranteed Tourney last Sunday. I placed 19th playing really bad poker and won $20. Considering that the buy-in was $15, it wasn't too big a deal. My play was disappointing, but I certainly can't complain as the only way I reached even that high was sucking out when I overplayed certain hands that shouldn't have even been played. (K-8 vs AK with an eight coming out, A-5 vs A-J with the 5 coming out).

That said, I've also been playing like a fish in the past few SNGs that I've played. Really impatient and willing to gamble on a coin toss even in the early stages. This has resulted in some quick losses that could have been easy ITMs.

I think it's time to reduce my poker bankroll since as per my judgement and the advice of others, there is no need to go to higher stakes. It's been well padded since the tourney wins in December and therefore I feel I am playing too loose since a loss doesn't really dent it. From experience, I play better with a limited amount and knowing that I can't afford a loss.

So it's something that I'll probably do. Financial wise, it's pretty much the same, since money that I take out from the site just goes into my bank account. But it gives me a different gaming mindset seeing your poker account balance everyday and knowing that you only have 20 to 30 buy ins instead of 60 to 80 which is its current level.

Now let's see if I'll still play that AJ preflop with a raise and a reraise all-in by 2 donkeys. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jack bauer is my idol !!!