RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback

Monday, January 22, 2007

Good News .. Bad News

Just thought I'd post a little update on my poker progression so far. Haven't really played that much this January due to numerous business trips abroad. So I've been pretty much absent on the Tuesday poker league of 11finger. Will try to catch one this week if time permits.

With the few games that I've managed to play. I have luckily churned out a positive output this January thanks to a 2nd place finish in a poker.com $2,000 guaranteed tourney that was worth $400 something odd dollars. Also played in two $ 24 + 2 MTT tourneys in full tilt but busted out on those.

Out on the SNG front, it has been brutal. I think I've played 10 straight games in a row without a win. I know its just variance, but after the winning streak in december, it has deflated my confidence a bit.

This has also inadvertently resulted in me changing my playing style to what I believe is the further detriment of my SNG plays. You know what I'm talking about. In trying to catch a win to make up for some of the losses, I try to force the cards early and play some semi-crummy hands like K9 suited or A- rags hoping to get lucky on the flop. So instead of being tight at the beginning and playing only premium hands which is critical in SNGs. I'm trying to catch a hail mary and coast along.

On the bright side, I am aware of this development and have been trying my best to control this impulse in the last few games that I've played. Hopefully, the cards will eventually turn and the SNG wins will start coming again.

No comments: